Once it became clear how many of us are nostalgic over the BSC, the “Where are they Now Conversation” was inevitable. Pooja began it during a lively Whatsapp conversation that ended up lasting a half hour. I then asked my Facebook friendslist and ended up with one of the longest threads I’ve ever achieved on fb. There were so many ideas about where the BSC would be today that I’m saving some for another one of these posts!
Each “Where are they now” answer is credited to the brilliant woman who came up with it.
- High maintenance soccer mom with a very devoted, quiet husband (Ange)
- VVery slightly nicer Sue Sylvester after she realizes she actually hates kids. It allows her to combine her love of sports with a vendetta to repay ALL children for the years she spent as president if the BSC. She now disavows that she had anything to do with creating the club, maintaining it was all Mary Anne’s idea. (Me)
- Comes out during her first year year at Sarah Lawrence. She and her gender queer partner now raise sheep in Eugene, OR. (Pooja)
- NYC, part time barista and assistant at a ceramic painting store, trying to do “art” on the side, living with like six other people in bed-stuy (Johanna)
- PPerformance artist. Topic; Janine. She plays bass in a hipster Greenpoint band called– ironically of course–Tiger Mom. (Pooja)
- Studies really hard. Attends NYU Stern school of Management and then Harvard Business. Becomes an analyst on Wall Street. When Occupy Wall Street happens, tries to convince everyone that this has been a twenty year long performance piece called Claudia Kishi, Corporate Clone © No one believes her. (Me)
- Fashion designer with a small boutique shop in town, but her main customers are teenage girls who always mistake the place for a thrift shop. (Paula)
- Failed model, string of husbands (Johanna)
- After her latest divorce, is attempting a GOOP-like website (Amy)
- Sits in Times Square, staring at the lights and saying “I can’t believe I’m in New York City!” Stacey brings MA food and makes her wash/change every few days, on her way to work uptown. (Ange)
- Stepford wife (Pooja)
- So devastated by the break up with Logan that she decides to go on a backpacking trip through Europe and meets a handsome Italian man. With her support and marketing expertise, they create an Olive Oil Empire becoming one of the richest couples in the world. Maryann rarely speaks to anyone anymore including Dawn (Paula)
- Living in a co-op growing and selling organic produce and clothes. (Ange)
- Has a YouTube channel where she posts videos on how to live a California lifestyle (Amy)
- Shocks everyone when she falls for a rancher and promptly starts eating steak. She is often heard to say “why didn’t you guys TELL me how good this tastes?” (Me)
- Owns several cats and moonlights as a mystery writer when she’s not looking for a job (Amy)
- Runs five blogs and is attempting to monetize them. She is an au pair for a family in Fairfield, CT. (Ange)
- Leaves the Mormon faith, and blogs her angst. Also has an angsty tumblr (Pooja)
- An Open Letter to Ann M. Martin from Mallory Pike (not only the letter, but the comments are gold) Best quote from the letter ““I’m writing this note on a computer that’s encrusted with real diamonds. Claudia and Stacey never made earrings out of those, now did they? No. I didn’t think so.”
- Ballet teacher. (Amy)
- Drama teacher at a school for the deaf. (Ange)
- Moves to Paris for a bit. Modern day Josephine Baker (Pooja)
- Stopped dancing after a photographer told her she could be a model. The modeling career never took off and she has taken over as a teacher in her old ballet school. (Paula)
- Logan runs a honky-tonk bar in upstate New York. (Ange)
- Moves back to Louisville, bless his heart (Pooja)
- Breaks up with Mary Ann after they graduate high school and aces his way through college and med school eventually becoming a fertility specialist (he’s trying to help Kristy get pregnant right now!). (Paula)
- Lives in Stoneybrook after returning to his parents’ place after college. He was a wannabe jock, never making any teams but being snarky and jealous of all of them. (Ange)
- Heart broken. He didn’t see it coming. (Pooja) [ ed… It–Kristy coming out]
- I don’t think it’s coming out in Kristy’s case– was she ever IN? (Amy)
- Claudia is bi, but only because being straight is so bougie. (Me)
- “If anyone else were bi it would be weird, but on Claudia the label looked cool. Because of her creamy perfect exotic Japanese skin.” (Amy)
- Margo comes out, as does David Michael. (Amy)
- Stacey came out in college. Typical Smithie? (Ange)
- Jamie Newton came out in third grade. He and Andrew eventually got married and foster shih tzu rescue puppies. (Ange)
- Stacey in a slutty prom dress rubbing up against the newly single Logan while Mary Anne stays at home listening to emo after their epic breakup fight. (Viveka)
- Kristy did, to test whether she was straight or not. (She was, then went around through most of college with a major, hidden crush on him.) (Ange)
Mallory started stripping “to pay for law school” and realizes there is money to be made in this kind of business. She and few girls from the club band together to start a high class escort service. After graduating and passing the bar she meets and marries a judge. He decides he should run for political office and uses Mal’s girls to gain secrets and blackmail material over potential political foes.
Dawn who now goes by Sasha, and Clare and Margo. Dawn is still a vegetarian and sells supplements as a cover for her income from being a call girl. Claire and Margo work part-time for a catering company.
The triplets don’t know. But Adam suspects something after he saw a bank statement on Margo and Claire’s coffee table, that was stapled to a cancelled check from Congressman Powell. Byron and Jordon are personal trainers who run a small gym. They actually share many of the same clients with their sisters, unbeknownst to them!
Want to share your opinions? Leave them in comments, or email me at bequietmommysreading at gmail.
All the pictures of the BSC members highlighted today (sorry Abby–we outgrew the series before you showed up) are from the TV show or the movie.